One of the most important scenes in the entire series is the final scene in the Temple of Five. I’ll write more about it, though its main revelation — that the Final Five are very, very old — appears confirmed. After #3 (D’Anna) gets her vision of the Final Five, she collapses and says to Baltar: “So beautiful. You were right.” But she never answers his “about what?”
The most obvious thing that springs to mind is Baltar’s belief that he could be a Cylon. On the surface this implies she saw him as the last member of the Final Five. Right now most people resist that, so here’s a list of things Baltar says to #3 during his time with them.
- That he’s a Cylon, a member of the Final Five
- That it’s not just chance that both the colonials and the Cylon fleet meet at the Temple of Five at this exact time.
- That she, #3, is the anointed one, chosen by god to look upon the faces of the Final Five. (He’s lying when he says this.)
- That God will guide her to her destiny
- That the answers to her questions are in the Temple of Five.
Not a great list, is it? All but the first aren’t things to spend your last words confirming. This seems to be a large clue to Baltar being the #1 Cylon, but this has been hinted at so much it would be an anticlimax so I resist it. (I have another theory for Baltar I’ll list later.)
You can search through transcripts of the episodes — tell me if you find other things Baltar said to #3 that she could be confirming with her dying breath. Ideally, it should also jibe with her famous apology to one of the Final Five.