My analysis of the world of Battlesetar Galactica is based on some conclusions I have reached based on clues in the show. Some of the conclusions are confirmed. Some I feel are highly verified. Some I am decently confident in, and some are much more speculative. Here's a summary to help you understand the basis for this analysis and you will see justifications for these assumptions scattered around the site.
- The Final Five are an entirely different kind of Cylon, and have been around since before the first Cylon war.
- Starbuck is not a member of the Final Five
- The meeting at the Algae planet had few coincidences.
- Tigh, Anders, Foster and Tyrol are really Cylons.
- Earth is not too far from the Ionian nebula.
- The Final Five are from Earth
- The Final Five (or their god) had a hand in programming the Significant Seven.
- The Final Five are connected to events 4,000 years ago
- The Final Five have been manipulating events for both the colonials and other Cylons
- Earth is the homeworld of mankind and the show takes place far in our future. Kobol was colonized from Earth, the sacred scrolls were modified to contain a myth to cover this up.
- The Final Five as the Five Priests of the Temple of Five. The Cylon God is their "god whose name must not be spoken."
- Powerful unseen forces are manipulating events for both the Cylons and the fleet.
- It is possible to project images into "human" minds as well as Cylon ones.
- Baltar's internal Six is real, as is Six's Baltar.
- There is something very special about Roslin, she is not an ordinary human.
- The Cylons have an FTL "radio" technology
- The 7 Cylons did not invent their biotechnology, they got it from the Final Five.
- Leoben is special and has knowledge of the Final Five or unseen powers the other Cylons don't have. Most of the rest know nothing of the F5. Cavil may also have special knowledge.
- The Final Five arranged for Galactica to escape the Genocide
- Starbuck's saviours are from Earth.
- All colonials are actually artificial beings (ie. Cylons) but of a different type. They are programmed to think they are human.
- The fleet is being guided by the Cylons, perhaps under influence of the Five, and they do not really wish to destroy it. (Contradicts early statements by RDM. I think he's changed his mind.)